Naturists are heroes, and it’s not as far-fetched as it sounds. Participating in nude recreation is an act of heroism. The following are some reasons why naturists are heroes:
1. Naturists challenge the notion that nudity is only sexual. As any naturist can tell you, just being naked is not sexual or leads to sexual thoughts. Being naked is just natural and an expression of being human.
2. Naturists were pioneers in allowing nudity to be portrayed in print media. Early nudist magazines were considered obscene and couldn’t be mailed by the U.S. Postal Service. However, a later Supreme Court ruling found that nudist magazines were not obscene under the Roth test for obscenity. This led to other publications like Playboy to be published.
3. Naturism supports gender equality. Naturists support topfreedom and the right of mothers to breastfeed their children in public. Naturists believe that women should have the same rights as men and should be able to be nude without being labelled as a “slut” or harassed.
4. Naturism is pro-environment. Naturists try to live in harmony with nature through nudity. Naturists fight against global warming, pollution, and help keep beaches and parks clean. Plus the naturist lifestyle is more carbon neutral, in that we use less electricity (air conditioning) and water (washing clothes).
5. Naturism advocates realistic body image. Naturists believe in a more realistic view of how people really look. There is no such thing as the perfect body. Everyone is beautiful and human beings. Class, money, and status all disappear when you’re naked.
So nude people, you’re heroes. Your beliefs make the world a better place. Your nakedness makes you more human.
Now that I got your attention. I’m tired of all the drama made about certain body parts. Society acts like they don’t exist, and once they’re revealed, all hell breaks loose.
If you’re male, female, or transgendered you have one of the above body parts. Look at the penis, it serves a function. Look at the vagina, life springs fourth from it.
The above photo would be marked as NSFW and censored by the media. But why? Hasn’t anyone seen a dick and a clit before? Also there is nothing sexual about the photo. Why should it be sexual??? There is no sexual activity or erect penis. Just body parts of a male and a female.
When you see a nude person, ask yourself why mere body parts are X-rated? Question your conventions.
I was driving down the street, on a very hot day, and thought to myself “why?” Why is the nude body so offensive? Why is nudity so shocking? How is someone injured by seeing someone naked?
Is it because nudity causes sexuality? Maybe in Western cultures, but most indigenous people live in the nude without it being sexual. To indigenous people, nudity is just an everyday thing.
Is it like religious leaders say, nudity causes lust, and seeing a naked person causes people to lose self-control. I thought about that too, but I can control my own sexuality and so can most people. Plus there have been many times where I’ve been attracted to someone and never saw them naked. Also this argument is moot because it makes people out to be little more than animals that can’t reason.
Is nudity a sin? But if I’m made in the image of my creator (like a lot of religions say), how can my mere nakedness be a sin? What is more sinful: physically hurting other people or walking naked down a nude beach? What is more sinful are bad ways we treat each other, i.e. murder, rape, poverty, and hate.
I couldn’t find an answer to my questions. Then I realized I was asking the wrong person, me. I have no problem with nudity and seeing someone naked is kind of a ho-hum moment. So I ask you my readers: why is mere nudity such a bad thing? I understand that the majority of my readers are naturists and nudists. But I would like to hear from non-naturists/nudists as to why nudity is wrong. Please pass this article to your non-nude friends and ask their opinion.
The main reason I created this blog was to talk about my love of being nude and nude recreation. I wanted to discuss topics within naturism and the nude lifestyle. I especially wanted to focus on the underrepresented naturists of color. However, inadvertently, my blog made a positive impact on Asians and naturism.
It used to be when you Googled “Asian nudist” or “Asian naturist” you got nothing but porn results. There were no resources for someone who was Asian and interested in naturism. In fact, Googling “Asian naturist” was an invitation for some of the worse garbage on the internet. The reader would think naturism equals extreme sexuality.
When I started this blog, I wanted to tell people what naturism meant to me. Naturism is perhaps one of the most important things a person can do to grow psychologically and spiritually. So, I wrote about myself and my experiences.
A few days ago, I Googled “Asian naturist.” I was expecting the same old exploitation of Asian women as exotic sex objects, or the usual porn garbage. What I saw instead was something unexpected. My blog kept coming up as a search result anytime “Asian” and “naturism” was searched together.
Now someone who is Asian and interested in naturism can get a realistic definition of what naturism really is. I’m very happy that my blog made some kind of difference in the internet community.