I have to face it, I’m just a Blue Belt when it comes to my nudity. However, there are some naturists who are Black Belts when it comes to their naturism. How does one get a Black Belt for being a naturist? One or more of the following makes you a naturist Black Belt:
1. Totally open about being a naturist. Everyone knows they’re a naturist. Uses their real name at nudist clubs and online. Gives zero f**ks who knowns they’re a naturist.
2. Has been interviewed in the press about nude recreation. Is a promoter of the naturist lifestyle in the media. Stephane Deschenes, Brian Spence, and Felicity Jones are all well known naturists.
Naturists are heroes, and it’s not as far-fetched as it sounds. Participating in nude recreation is an act of heroism. The following are some reasons why naturists are heroes:
1. Naturists challenge the notion that nudity is only sexual. As any naturist can tell you, just being naked is not sexual or leads to sexual thoughts. Being naked is just natural and an expression of being human.
2. Naturists were pioneers in allowing nudity to be portrayed in print media. Early nudist magazines were considered obscene and couldn’t be mailed by the U.S. Postal Service. However, a later Supreme Court ruling found that nudist magazines were not obscene under the Roth test for obscenity. This led to other publications like Playboy to be published.
3. Naturism supports gender equality. Naturists support topfreedom and the right of mothers to breastfeed their children in public. Naturists believe that women should have the same rights as men and should be able to be nude without being labelled as a “slut” or harassed.
4. Naturism is pro-environment. Naturists try to live in harmony with nature through nudity. Naturists fight against global warming, pollution, and help keep beaches and parks clean. Plus the naturist lifestyle is more carbon neutral, in that we use less electricity (air conditioning) and water (washing clothes).
5. Naturism advocates realistic body image. Naturists believe in a more realistic view of how people really look. There is no such thing as the perfect body. Everyone is beautiful and human beings. Class, money, and status all disappear when you’re naked.
So nude people, you’re heroes. Your beliefs make the world a better place. Your nakedness makes you more human.
Now that I got your attention. I’m tired of all the drama made about certain body parts. Society acts like they don’t exist, and once they’re revealed, all hell breaks loose.
If you’re male, female, or transgendered you have one of the above body parts. Look at the penis, it serves a function. Look at the vagina, life springs fourth from it.
The above photo would be marked as NSFW and censored by the media. But why? Hasn’t anyone seen a dick and a clit before? Also there is nothing sexual about the photo. Why should it be sexual??? There is no sexual activity or erect penis. Just body parts of a male and a female.
When you see a nude person, ask yourself why mere body parts are X-rated? Question your conventions.
During the Labor Day weekend, many celebrities (like Jennifer Lawrence) had their nude photos leaked on to the Internet
Taking nude photos and sharing them is not just for regular people, but celebrities too. But the bigger question is why? As I stated in an earlier post, we have become so disconnected from humanity that nude images have become extraordinary. I think, deep down, people crave nudity. Sure there is a sexual component, but when people share nude images of themselves, what they’re really saying is “this is me.”
If we all lived in a culture that nudity was normal, no one would care about celebrity nude photos. Therefore this whole situation really doesn’t matter to me.
PS> Please do not share any of these celebrity photos. They have a right to privacy. Also, while writing this post, I came across one of these so called “photos” and they’re nothing special. Having been a naturist has made me more aware of all the baggage nudity brings.
“Wouldn’t be too bad if it was a man’s penis on show!!! It seems it’s always the women on show, wonder why?! Want to see more naked men please!!” -The Savvy Senorita
At first glance I thought she was talking about my blog.I try to post equal amounts of nude male photos and female nude photos.But as I re-read Savvy Senorita’s comments, she was speaking in more general terms.Why is it we see more female nudity than male nudity in the media?
I could remember a time when you never saw a male fully naked in movies.Sure, you saw bare buttocks, but never full frontal nudity.Showing a penis was an automatic X-Rating, even if it was flaccid.The only nudity that was acceptable was female nudity.This has evolved over the years, but you still see more female nudity than male nudity in the movies and photography.
But why is this?The following are some reasons why female nudity is more prevenient:
Men still call the shots.Sad but true, most of the movie studios are run by men, most of the media companies are run by men, and most of Silicon Valley is run by men.
Women have a long history of being sex objects.Western culture is based on exploiting women.Until recently it was acceptable to sexually harass women in the workplace.It was all right to demean women sexually and still is.
Art has made female nudity more palpable.Let’s face it, there is more works of art that portray nude females than nude males.
I’m a naturist and I find both male and female nudity to be equally beautiful.Nothing is more beautiful than another human being.The reason why things are the way they are is because of antiquated thought processes.If we’re to grow and evolve, we must set aside our past conditioning and create a new way of thinking.
My Tumblr page has been marked as “Adult Content” by Tumblr. Which means you must have a Tumblr account and be logged in order to view my page. I only post pictures of non-sexual nudity and images that exemplify the naturist lifestyle.
Killing access to my Tumblr page, only to Tumblr users, hurts non-sexual nudity. And as I’ve said before, people NEED to see non-sexual nudity. Making nudity obscene, extra ordinary, or censored causes more harm than good. Problems with body image, sexual deviancy, and self-esteem can all be traced to people’s issues with nudity.
My Tumblr page is now viewable by those without a Tumblr account. For about a week I could not see my own Tumblr account without first logging in. Maybe it was just a glitch.
I have no data to support my claim, only observation and experience. But I’ve noticed that people who like to walk around barefoot were open to nude recreation.
I once knew young woman who liked to walk around barefoot. She would walk around the mall barefoot or around town barefoot. She liked to skinny dip and hang around the house naked. She even played pool nude with her friends.
Every naturist I’ve met does not like to wear shoes. Does not liking to wear shoes mean you’re a budding naturist? Maybe not. But all the people I’ve met who were naturists first started out going barefoot.