I have to face it, I’m just a Blue Belt when it comes to my nudity. However, there are some naturists who are Black Belts when it comes to their naturism. How does one get a Black Belt for being a naturist? One or more of the following makes you a naturist Black Belt:
1. Totally open about being a naturist. Everyone knows they’re a naturist. Uses their real name at nudist clubs and online. Gives zero f**ks who knowns they’re a naturist.
2. Has been interviewed in the press about nude recreation. Is a promoter of the naturist lifestyle in the media. Stephane Deschenes, Brian Spence, and Felicity Jones are all well known naturists.
Naturists are heroes, and it’s not as far-fetched as it sounds. Participating in nude recreation is an act of heroism. The following are some reasons why naturists are heroes:
1. Naturists challenge the notion that nudity is only sexual. As any naturist can tell you, just being naked is not sexual or leads to sexual thoughts. Being naked is just natural and an expression of being human.
2. Naturists were pioneers in allowing nudity to be portrayed in print media. Early nudist magazines were considered obscene and couldn’t be mailed by the U.S. Postal Service. However, a later Supreme Court ruling found that nudist magazines were not obscene under the Roth test for obscenity. This led to other publications like Playboy to be published.
3. Naturism supports gender equality. Naturists support topfreedom and the right of mothers to breastfeed their children in public. Naturists believe that women should have the same rights as men and should be able to be nude without being labelled as a “slut” or harassed.
4. Naturism is pro-environment. Naturists try to live in harmony with nature through nudity. Naturists fight against global warming, pollution, and help keep beaches and parks clean. Plus the naturist lifestyle is more carbon neutral, in that we use less electricity (air conditioning) and water (washing clothes).
5. Naturism advocates realistic body image. Naturists believe in a more realistic view of how people really look. There is no such thing as the perfect body. Everyone is beautiful and human beings. Class, money, and status all disappear when you’re naked.
So nude people, you’re heroes. Your beliefs make the world a better place. Your nakedness makes you more human.
Now that I got your attention. I’m tired of all the drama made about certain body parts. Society acts like they don’t exist, and once they’re revealed, all hell breaks loose.
If you’re male, female, or transgendered you have one of the above body parts. Look at the penis, it serves a function. Look at the vagina, life springs fourth from it.
The above photo would be marked as NSFW and censored by the media. But why? Hasn’t anyone seen a dick and a clit before? Also there is nothing sexual about the photo. Why should it be sexual??? There is no sexual activity or erect penis. Just body parts of a male and a female.
When you see a nude person, ask yourself why mere body parts are X-rated? Question your conventions.
During the Labor Day weekend, many celebrities (like Jennifer Lawrence) had their nude photos leaked on to the Internet
Taking nude photos and sharing them is not just for regular people, but celebrities too. But the bigger question is why? As I stated in an earlier post, we have become so disconnected from humanity that nude images have become extraordinary. I think, deep down, people crave nudity. Sure there is a sexual component, but when people share nude images of themselves, what they’re really saying is “this is me.”
If we all lived in a culture that nudity was normal, no one would care about celebrity nude photos. Therefore this whole situation really doesn’t matter to me.
PS> Please do not share any of these celebrity photos. They have a right to privacy. Also, while writing this post, I came across one of these so called “photos” and they’re nothing special. Having been a naturist has made me more aware of all the baggage nudity brings.