I had to take a business road trip and drive to San Diego. The weather was cold and the road was wet with intermittent rain. I chose to drive to San Diego by taking the route that goes through Riverside County. As I drove, I passed two notable nude recreation sites, first Glen Eden Resort and later Black’s Beach.
As I drove, I started to daydream of warm summers and nude bliss. That’s when I thought of all the benefits naturism has gifted me through the years. The following are some of those benefits:
1. A cure for my light psoriasis. The sunlight and fresh air have done wonders for my skin and reduced rashes due to allergies and psoriasis.
2. Improved my posture. When you’re clothed, you can’t see your hips through the clothes. When I’m naked, I can easily align my shoulders with my hips.
3. An increased respect for women. Naturism has taught me that women aren’t sex objects. I can now look past society’s conditioning and see people on a whole new level. We are not our body parts, we are total beings with aspirations and ideas.
4. A connection with indigenous people around the world. Naturism as created a kinship with indigenous people and their way of life. Many of these people live in cultures where no one wears clothes. Their way of life is proof that nudity is not sexual, just normal.
5. Increased confidence, better self-esteem. Being a naturist has increased my self-confidence, once your nude with other people, other things in your life become easier. Naturism gets you out of your shell, in more ways than one. Also I have a bad body self image, a self hate. Naturism has taught me to like my body. Once you accept yourself, you can accept other people.
6. A stress release. After a long day, driving more than 400 miles, getting nude is a quick stress release. I can breathe again. Stress causes disease and shortens your life. So getting naked may save your life.
Naturism is more than just getting naked. Naturism can benefit your life and your soul.